Trusted Surface Dressing Contractors for Yorkshire, Northumberland & the North East
We are a specialist surface dressing contractor covering Yorkshire, Northumberland & the North East. We carry out both small and large commercial surface dressing projects for clients in this area.
Surface dressing is often referred to as 'Tar & Chip' and involves two main steps.
- The even spray application of an emulsion bituminous binder through a purpose built spray tanker onto the existing road surface
- This is followed immediately by the even application of aggregate chippings to ‘dress’ the binder.
Our team has had many years experience in the surface dressing industry. We offer our clients free site surveys and quotes for on all surfacing projects.
When to Surface Dress
It's best to perform surface dressing before the road surface deteriorates to the stage at which expensive major patching and/or reconstruction is required. There is also a gauge known as 'surface skidding levels' that needs to stay above the nationally accepted intervention level for the class of road in question. Please speak to a member of a team if you wish to get your road tested for this.
Surface Tech Ltd are 24/7 surface dressing experts for the whole of Yorkshire, Northumberland & the North East
Surface dressing offers many advantages:
- Seals the road surface against ingress of water which is known to be one of the major causes of asphalt pavement deterioration.
- Arrests the deterioration of the road surface and underlying road pavement structure.
- Restores the necessary level of skid resistance to the road surface with the resultant benefits of reduction in skid related traffic accidents.
- Timely intervention will enable worn out road surfaces to last longer thereby increasing the time to when structural maintenance is required.
- Can help to reduce spray caused by vehicles travelling on wet road surfaces.
- Maximises the cost effectiveness of limited highway maintenance funds.
Proper attention to design and execution has provided surface dressing lifetimes well in excess of 10 years, even on very heavily trafficked sites.
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
Give us a call to find out how we can help you with road surfacing and re-surfacing needs.